1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

recall lists

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by CityGuy, Jan 24, 2009.

1. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Can someone tell me what website to go to where I can find out about recalls for trucks. I tried a search here but wasen't able to come up with anything?

2. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What do you need specifically Hamel?

4. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I am just trying to stay on top of my new 08 for recalls. A friend of mine said he had a recall on his new 08(build date before mine) about head light lens reflectors. So all in all Iam just trying to keep my eyes and ears open.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As an owner you would be notified of any safety related recalls as per federal govermet mandation so there isn't much of a need to stay on top of those. Now TSB's...those are another matter. :D

This may be the early production run recall your speaking of...

Recall Date:
    AUG 11, 2008

Model Affected:
    2008 CHEVROLET SILVERADO

Summary:
    K2 MOTOR IS RECALLING 1,921 AFTERMARKET HEADLAMPS OF VARIOUS MODELS SOLD FOR USE ON THE ABOVE LISTED VEHICLES. THESE HEADLAMPS ARE MISSING THE AMBER SIDE REFLEX REFLECTOR WHICH FAILS TO CONFORM WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 108, "LAMPS, REFLECTIVE DEVICES, AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT."

Consequence:
    WITHOUT THE AMBER SIDE REFLEX REFLECTORS, THE LIGHTING VISIBILITY MAY BE AFFECTED, POSSIBLY RESULTING IN A VEHICLE CRASH.

Remedy:
    K2 MOTOR WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND OFFER A FULL REFUND. THE RECALL BEGAN ON DECEMEBER 17, 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT K2 MOTOR AT 1-909-839-2992.

Potential Units Affected:

6. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Why would someone have an after market part on their so new trk ???

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

GM doesn't manufacture each and every single component on their trucks themselves. There's many many component's on vehicles that are outsourced and have been for years and years...so the manufacture is stepping to the plate.

8. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I understand that GM dose not make every part... But why are there so few number of recalls...If they where used on all trks..

9. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

How about info on where to find the TSBs.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

When the manufacture feels safety or liability is involved it doesn't matter if it's 100 trucks or 100,000 they send out a recall. Although at times convincing them of that is a problem in itself. :rolleyes:

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you search around on the Internet you'll find the most common ones. Won't be the latest or include great detail but the popular ones come to the surface rather quickly. You can also purchase access to them as a DIY'er...or hound the local dealer for them.

Or just ask.. :waving: