1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rebuilt Whelen 8000 bar

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kitn1mcc, Sep 23, 2008.

1. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

i have recently got into classic/rebuilding older light bars thanks to my guy on Elightbars.com that bar was not in bad shape the power supply was shot, so i pulled it out and installed a new Whelen CS240 changed the harness and one of the tubes was weak. so i swapped out lout for a new one, the lenes need to be polished with some plastix and i had to remove the old top sticker it was in real bad shape it is not going to be put back on a vehicle

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

video to come youtube is being a goose

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

You said it's not going to go back on a vehicle....what are you planning to do with these bars that you rebuild? House decorations :) that'd be neat. Nice project!!

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

good lookin bar.

i tryed to go to that site. said log in only. what gives?

i have some old stuff i would like to get rid of and some is n.o.s.

4. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

well i collect lights and there are a few other guys who do the same. it is a fun segment of the hobby. elightbars is down due to that fact that server is in houston

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i will have to dig out my old school stuff and get ahold of you.

my dad use to build fire trucks. so its stuff from the mid to late 70s. some old school strobes also.

6. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member