1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rebuilt the truck over the summer

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Moonlighter, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

Hey guys I rebuilt mostly the entire body of the truck over this summer, most of it was due to being t-boned last February. So I figured I would share some of the pics from all the work I did. It started out someone else was going to do all the body work and paint in trade for mechanical work and a boat but he cut the drivers side rocker and cab corner out ( I did a motor job for him) and he jumped state on me. So I took over and did what I had to do, I learned how to do body work really quickly lol. I am putting the bed back on tomorrow and will add some pics when it is on. When I get done putting the interior back in I will post some of the all new Grey interior too. Hope you like the pics, keep in mind I can't afford the paint job right now so it will be done by a body shop in the spring when I have the money, and it will be back to my original colors like the truck is in my signature photo. I can't wait for winter now. payup

july10 003.jpg

july10 005.jpg

july10 010.jpg

july10 031.jpg

Mistress in progress 022.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  2. Moonlighter

and some more

Mistress in progress 020.jpg

Mistress in progress 025.jpg

truck pictures 003.jpg

truck pictures 006.jpg

truck pictures 010.jpg
  3. Moonlighter

and some more.

truck pictures 015.jpg

truck pictures 018.jpg

truck pictures 027.jpg

truck pictures 034.jpg

truck pictures 035.jpg
  4. gagesllc

gagesllc Junior Member

Looking good can't wait to see the finished product

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

what is the blue and white box? please dont say a speaker box lol was that t boned also?

trucks looking good you got alot of work to do lol
  6. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

sub enclosure
  7. Moonlighter

Thanks guys, no the sub enclosure I just built. I just got done putting the bed, carpet, seats, and rear bumper on so hopefully by Monday or Tuesday I will be driving her again.
  8. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

what did u paint the cab floor with thats looks good what is it
  9. Moonlighter

The cab floor is was painted first with POR 15 and then top coated with Rust-oleum Gloss Smoke Gray. I also did the entire frame the same way.
  10. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

looks good- keep posting your progress.
  11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good. Looking forward to seing more pictures/
  12. wewille

wewille Senior Member

Where did you get all of the body parts for the truck? It looks great!
  13. Moonlighter

Hey guys thanks for all the responces, I got all the parts off of a 1997 Ram 1500 that I bought for $400 dollars with out a motor or tranny, it was a two wheel drive so all I used was the body and interior parts from it and sold the rest of it for $800 dollars, I still have some left over parts I am trying to sell from the two wheel drive. After a long weekend of work the truck is damn near done. I lit it up today and except for some tail lights, turn signals and running lights not working she is good to go. Here are the pics of the truck now. I can't wait to get the paint job done in the spring so I can have my colors back. :bluebounc

Finished 026.jpg

Finished 027.jpg

Finished 029.jpg

Finished 030.jpg

Finished 031.jpg
  14. gagesllc

gagesllc Junior Member

looks good did you get it painted up yet?
  15. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

you did not like the purple color of it? my dad had a 98 same color as yours (purple and sliver)
  16. Moonlighter

Hey guys unfortunately I have not had the funds to get her painted to her original colors, I am hoping to get it done this coming spring. I have been getting ready for the upcoming season on my own, without subbing so that has taken all my funds to date lol. DareDog yes I love the original colors, just couldn't find parts those colors lol.

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Paint it your self
    I did mine. There is a thread under truck and equipment repair called DIY paint
    It was easy and Turned out well
  18. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

That thing looks great, good job !!
  19. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Do you still have any dash pieces from your 98? I need the trim that goes around the guages. Let me know. thanks
  20. Moonlighter

Yes i do, your talking the whole dash cover piece?