1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rebuilding "C" controller

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by sthoms3355, Jan 3, 2008.

1. sthoms3355

sthoms3355 Member
    from Detroit

Does anyone know where you can have a Hiniker c plow controller rebuilt?
  2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know if you can rebuild them. At least on out straight blade we had to buy a whole new control when it failed.
  3. sweetlou48096

sweetlou48096 Junior Member
    from 48096

Depends on how old the plow is. The older ones cannot be rebuilt, have to replace the whole controller but the new ones you can now buy just the switch inside. Thats easy to do. Gonna have to have your plow model and serial # of the controller and call your local dealer.
  4. baltz526

baltz526 Member

the replacable switch ones are easy, pull the cover off, unplug the switch, plug in new one, put cover back on. the older ones are fixable but you will need to unsolder the old switch (best done by someone with a soldering setup made for doing this) then solder in new switch. CPW is where i have bought my controllers