1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rebuilding a SEHP pump?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 72gts, Jan 11, 2009.

1. 72gts

72gts Junior Member

Has anyone torn thier SEHP pump down and rebuilt the entire thing? I plan on doing mine in the spring and replacing all seals, gaskets, pump and motor. Basically starting from an empty pump case. I don't know how old the pump is and now I'm having freeze up issues. I replaced the fluid in the fall but when temps go down to 15 or so I start having trouble.

Anyway, if someone has done this rebuild and has any suggestions I would like to hear them- good or bad. Thanks. Ron

2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

We have done them before they aren't too bad to do. Here is a link to the Mechanics guide for the SEHP units it should help you out. http://www.fisherplows.com/pdf/21935_120098.pdf

FWIW use the Fisher blue fluid when you do it it works much better than ATF or Hydraulic fluid.

3. 72gts

72gts Junior Member

Thanks Big, I used the blue fluid to top it off in the fall but I suspect there is some water from condensation form the pump sitting around. Thanks for the link also. Ron

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Organize, find the best possible work area and clean everything out of it before you begin. Pin up the exploded version on page 8 of the guide Big Dog just gave you over where you'll be working. I laid everything out systematically when I removed each section to assure I didn't mix anything up, and that it got put back together in the right manner.

5. 72gts

72gts Junior Member

That seems to be the plan. Like rebuilding a carburetor I guess. Just hoping it will last till spring. Thanks for the help. Ron