1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rebuild 7.5 Meyer

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by W Bench Ent., Dec 7, 2010.

1. W Bench Ent.

W Bench Ent. Junior Member

Here are some pics of my 7.5 Meyer that I recently rebuilt. It was showing its age, and the effects of quite a few winters. Patched a few spots that were worn/rusted through, and painted inside and out. Then applied a new poly liner. Never used one, so we'll see how it holds up. Also rebuilt the hyd. cylinder, as it had developed a leak at the end of last season. Figures, we always wait til last minute to do this stuff! Guess everyone else's repairs come before our own!

CIMG0069.jpg

CIMG0070.jpg

CIMG0071.jpg

CIMG0072.jpg

CIMG0073.jpg

2. W Bench Ent.

A few more pics of the finished product.

CIMG0074.jpg

CIMG0075.jpg

CIMG0081.jpg

CIMG0082.jpg

3. lotec25

lotec25 Member
    from Florida

Looks good man, what kind of Metal did you use to do the Patching? Did you replace the whole bottom section?

4. W Bench Ent.

I used 1/8"x4" strap. It's heavier than the original plow sheet metal, but gives you something to weld to. The plow was bad on the bottom, but even worse across the top. I cut out all of the bad sheet metal on top. I ran a piece along the entire top, and one along the entire bottom. We were debating about whether or not to replace the entire face of the blade, or just patch it like I did. I was worried about just patching it because snow would more than likely stick to it and cause problems. That's the main reason for trying the liner. The worst part about a repair like this (if I were doing it for a customer) is the labor involved in fixing it. My time is free to me, but if this were for a customer, a new moldboard might have been cheaper. I had about 20 hours in it, so at my welding rate, plus materials, it would have cost around $1100. Glad I do this for a living!

5. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

looks great is that meyer paintt. i welded mine useing a 4'x8' sheet of diamond plate 3/8 thick

6. W Bench Ent.

I imagine that made it pretty stout!! Safety Yellow Rustolium.

7. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

Exactly what I used you must be a better painter

8. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

Make some wings for that bad boy !!!!!!!