1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rebuiding old style Western plow electric motors

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JImbo4460, Mar 2, 2013.

1. JImbo4460

JImbo4460 Junior Member

Hi, Does anyone know where I might get the old syle (4-1/2") western plow electric motor rebuilt. I have two and had to buy another I was hoping I could get the other two rebuilt. I think they're "Ford" starter components but I'm not sure. Thanks
  2. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

I had a problem with my motor 2 years ago where it was moving real slow. I ordered one, but in the meantime I ripped mine apart, cleaned up the brushes and whatever it is that they ride against, put it all back together and it worked. New motor is still sitting on the shelf.

If youre not ambitious, search for starter/alternator rebuilders in your area and they should be able to help you out.