1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rearended a honda w/my new truck :(

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, Aug 3, 2009.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i was at a carshow all day having a great day. then on my way home i was just taking it slow, crusin since it was very nice out. i came up on a round-about intersection with a silver honda infront of me. there was a yeild sign and a car coming along ways away. she could have made it, i was looking at the car coming as i slowed down to the intersection. i thought she had went and i when i looked back she had not moved and i mashed the brakes and swerved but as we know the excursion takes alittle bit to get stopped. i thought i was going to clear her but CRUNCH i heard it but i never felt anything. we waited for the cops for 2 hours when we she finally said screw it and we'll just exchange info. which saved me a ticket and points.

her car
    [​IMG]

my truck, which i had to use the plow truck to pull the bumper out so i could turn left.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

at least there is no body damage and you could just replace the bumper

3. 91AK250

yeah, i'm going to go with the updated '05 front bumper and grill(even though the grill is fine) so as they say when life gives you lemons, make lemonaid!

4. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Dang, that's too bad. Hope it all gets worked out.

5. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Doesnt look bad at all, and it could have been worse. But you are right, an 05+ front end on that thing is going to look awesome!!!

6. 91AK250

they did the est today. $1,608.58 now subtract my $500 deductible leaves me with $1,108.58 which should buy me the '05 bumper/grill, one peice projector headlights, 09 rear bumper and monotone paint all around. luckly i have some good leads on CHEAP parts and painters :)