1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear Work Lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Spucel, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Hey guys,

I've went through all the threads on the search but I'm hung up on getting 2 different ideas to merge together:dizzy:...maybe the experts can give their 2 cents. I want to put lights in my bumper for rear lighting while plowing, I'm against mounting them underneath because they will get destroyed in no time. I really like the Soundoff 1000, but they wont work for what I need because they arent a flush mount, more of a screw them into something type. Below is a thread from Mossman...AWESOME install work:drinkup::salute:. I want to do what he did, just with brighter lights. So I would like to get something like Soundoff 1000's in a type of light like he used. Any thoughts and links????

Mossman Install
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=97363

2. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Get with Dissociative... He's a wealth of knowledge and a real wiz at doing lights.. He's up toward the Chicago Area

3. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I am always on the hunt for brighter LED for my bumper........unfortunately many do not list the lumens......there are some out there that are very pricy.....

http://www.grote.com/product.php?product_number=63821-5

over $100 each.....but it is not clear as to whether it will fit in a standard 4" rubber grommet

4. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Thanks for the link. Yea I'm running into the same thing...hard to get all the details on some lights.

5. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Thanks for the info...I sent him a message and invited him to this thread.:redbounce

Scott

6. dmontgomery

7. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

They are nice! I dont think they will work for what I need though, I want to get a flush mount in the bumper. Hmmm.....

8. dmontgomery

right...I figured.....but very bright at a great price

9. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

Cut your holes for the soundoff. Trim out with door edging and mount sounds flush with holes.
    There aren't any 1000 lumen grommets yet.

Otherwise for fifty bucks, replace factory reverse bulbs with a set of hid headlights. Silicone in a 9004 set and your golden.

10. Dissociative

Those grote light are as close as we get. But they aren't for flush mount they
    Fit the rubber tractor light buckets. I would like to try one though, but flush mounts
    Are more flat cookie shaped.

11. Dissociative

Based on how soundoffs look I bet you can split the case and flush mount them...but its risky. I mean they have to come apart somehow so someone's gotta be the ballz and do it first.

12. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Alrighty, thanks for the info. I might go with the ones that Mossman went with because I like how they fit in there. Maybe Ill spend the afternoon/evening at work today hunting for lights that will fit the way I want and are nice and bright.Thumbs Up

IMO lights are soo important to the whole operation....I want to make sure I do it right so it doesnt look like a FJ.

13. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

14. dmontgomery

Still want to see the lumens........if they are 1000 or better I might pay that

15. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

They are 1000Thumbs Up

16. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

those par 36 will fit in the round taillight groomets, it is just a tight fit! I have seen many times people mount the par36 4 3/4" 100w clear aircraft lights in place of normal reverse lights on big rigs

17. 2500HDVXT

2500HDVXT Junior Member
    from mn

could you explain the whole silicone the hid in the reverse lights

18. APLC

APLC Senior Member

the HID sounds like the best idea yeah and with the new slim digital ballast they are so small

19. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I was thinking of taking factory fog lights and throwing hid's in them just like i have for the front of the truck. Just with a 55 watt kit i would have to run a relay harness.

20. 716polarbear

716polarbear Junior Member

Little late, but look at the BACKUP Buddy! Nice steup!