1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear window strobes

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by SuperDuty, Feb 15, 2006.

1. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

Hey all, as I was plowing Sunday a guy went by me and I noticed he had a set of amber strobes either inside the back window or they could have been on the outside, not sure. If I remeber right they were about 6 in x 2 in each. Has anyone ever heard or seen these. I have a whelen set up in mine but I love to add these!
  2. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 Member

go to www.streetglow.com order 2 of their linear strobes in yellow with power unit. you will not be disappointed. they mount like fog lights either horizontal or vertical.
  3. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

try and track down BLUELINE ENT , he is a member on this site who sells and installs strobes for a living
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

look at whelen's line of LED strobes. I would put them on the outside of the window if its tinted though.

I just added 4 TIR6 Amber's (with clear bulbs/lenses) to my F350. They really grab your attention
  5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

If your rear window is tinted, do not put strobes inside. All you will get is a headache.
  6. THE BOSS 1975

THE BOSS 1975 Senior Member

go with deck or grill lights and make your brackets to hang from the headliner .If you have tinted windows put them real close and they wont reflect back .I would take a picture but they were removed 2 days ago .We are putting a arowpulse LED traffic adviser in their place !!2 strobes or 295 LED's .
  7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

theres a guy on ebay i think his name is diamond heavon or something like that and all he has is deck and dash lights
  8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

type in tow truck lights or deck lights and some should come up
  9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

10. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

thats atleast the one and the guy im talking about i might get them for my brothers 98 i would like them on my truck but i have a back rack on it
  11. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

If I remeber correctly, they almost looked like LED's!
  12. Light

I bought one of those off ebay. I dont even use it. Its WAY to big to fit on the dash, plus it reflects back just terrible. So i built a brace that it sits on the back my seat and flashes out the back window, Used it for a bit, but the salter got in the way, then i tinted the windows. I have seen one application that it worked good in. One guy hung them from his CAP and then it flased out the back window. THESE ARE NOT WATER RESISTANT. They cant be mounted outside. O yeah, and the seller says they have a really neat random flash pattern....um no, really they just have 2 seperate power supplies.

Bright? YES, decent
    RECOMENDED? NO, they are just too big and bulky

13. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

ok well they looked cool
  14. Thats what thought too

I thought they looked cool.....and well, if you have the room for them, they are an ok light.....anybody want to buy mine????
  15. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

How much are you selling it for?
  16. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

my brothers truck has some really tinted windows if theyll shine through then ill take them
  17. Not sure

Not really Sure, Make me an offer!
  18. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

$50 shipped
  19. Totally Clear

I want it to be totally clear what you are getting, so i included A pic of the EXACT light that I have. This is exactally what I have, Before i sell it though, I have to see if I can find the suction cups for it, because I wasn't using them! If you want, I can also take a digital video of it on for you to.

20. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

is it two or just the one