1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rear window leds

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Morrissey snow removal, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i would like to put leds in the rear window of my superduty crew cab but not sure witch ones and the best place to mount the anyone ever done this? pics? any ideas thanks guys

2. I like the e series from snm the e4 or e6 in a amber clear split make a nice punch.

3. Morrissey snow removal

is there alot of reflection of the window?

4. I use stick on weather striping around them to seal it against the windows.

5. Morrissey snow removal

that works good? what about brackets screwed to the roof?

6. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

I plan on buying an E48 or E66 to put in my back window. My plan is to use gusset plates modified to mount to the hanger hooks on the ceiling. Much like the E44 is mounted to my front window.

7. Morrissey snow removal

thats a good idea then u already have a hole to screw into

8. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I have a pair of linz6 mounted in the rear window on the inside. I made some brackets out of plexiglass and used some 3m VHB tape. The window is factory tinted but the lights are still bright.

9. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Laugh all you want, but I have my 06 EXT Cab chevy, I bought two of the Mini Phantom MAX LED Dash lights from SNM, and just put them behind the headrests, no mounting hardware or anything, they stay put and work GREAT!

I will try to get pictures later, they fit snug right behind the headrest between it and the rear windshield.

10. 7Doc

7Doc Junior Member

I have a pair of Sho-Me Micro-Lite LED Lights in my back window, brackets are just screwed to the trim on the c-pillar. They're at an angle that pretty well matches my headache rack and it ended up being a pretty clean install.

http://www.able2products.com/update/11_9000_v1.htm

I got them new off of eBay with a flasher for around $50.