1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear Window Bar Light

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by fishinRI13, Oct 17, 2011.

1. fishinRI13

fishinRI13 Senior Member
    from RI

Hey guys, I am looking at getting a rear window light, i dont want one thats just like 2. I was at the race track this weekend and one of the trucks in the middle of the track had a light at the bottom of its back window that was extremely bright through the tint and was about 2-3 feet long. It wasn;t like a directional one because it split in half and flashed on each side then did some other patterns. It was very cool and very bright during the day. Wondering if anyone knew of something like this, its like a bar for inside but it was very thin. I have been searching all morning on google, whelen, youtube, everything and cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Mike

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I have a sound off ultralight. It has 8 head and will do arrow stick functions or just flash. No special controller is needed either. They come in 2 4 8 and 12 head lights. Or you could look into the whelen dominator. Also comes in 2 4 8 and 12 heads I believe. And it is also a directional stick if you want it to be. My 8 head is mounted in the upper center of my rear window. I have on 1 switch the flash patter and the other 2 the arrowstick functions. They are very cool bars.

3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

What you're describing sounds like the 911EP TDWL24 or TDWL36. Very nice lights, and quite popular with police and fire agencies.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Its probably close to the same thing. I have never seen one of those before.

5. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  6. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

I have a used one for sale if you're interested. I gotta dig it out and put some pics up for you.

7. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Maleko,
    Do you get a lot of flashback from the window bar?

8. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

None at all, I installed it as close as i could mount it, Then i added a foam strip around the edges to act as a gasket. the foam also acts like a cushion preventing the lights from tapping against the window over big bumps etc...

9. fishinRI13

fishinRI13 Senior Member
    from RI

Yes please let me know, my e-mail is Michaelsoccer13@aol.com. Send me some pics and a price. Thanks!
    Mike

10. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

ChiTahoe, your setup looks like a sweet driveway rig!!! Thumbs Up

11. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Nice setup you got there Maleko Thumbs Up I want to gt one of those back window bars eventually for my truck.

12. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Thanks... Ive changed thing up a bit, added more lights...:D

13. jpar247

jpar247 Member