1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear visibility out of Jeeps

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Joel B., Jan 23, 2011.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

How is the visibility out the back of Jeeps? I think they have tinted windows and with the spare tire in the way I can't imaging the visibility is that great out the back.

It would be nice to have a pull plow on the back but I don't see how you would ever be able to see the plow and not hit anything.

I am used to a pick-up where you can take out the tailgate and get a wide open view to the rear.

Thanks.

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

not all jeeps have tinted windows. I have no problem backing up remember the back of the jeep is only like 3 ft away so I can back up to within inches of stuff.

3. AHSnowplowing

AHSnowplowing Junior Member

Non tinted windows and no spare on back...100% visibility....nothing better!

4. MarineSniper

MarineSniper Member
    from CT

I run a daniels on the back- no tint windows, and just in case, a back up camera. Visibility is excellent, and with your side mirrors adjusted properly, I can see both sides of my back blade.

5. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

They have these neet new things out called side mirrors. work GREAT.

And wait a minute. Did you say you have a BACK UP camera on a jeep?

6. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Any pics? I would love to see this set up, Daniels and of course the back up camera?Thumbs Up

7. MarineSniper

MarineSniper Member
    from CT

I had pics posted a couple weeks ago- check them out. The camera is really great. Large screen, night vision, heated camera. Works awesome especially with the daniels on the rear.

8. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Hi again, I looked for your pics, found the one with the Daniels on it, couldnt find the back up camera pics? Which one did you buy? and where did you buy?
    thanks