1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear View Safety camera mount location

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by justgeorge, Jan 24, 2012.

1. justgeorge

justgeorge Senior Member

For you guys who have the Rear View Safety camera, where did you mount the camera and video monitor? Initially I mounted the camera on the salt box just above the spinner but I like having it so much I want to mount in on the truck so I can leave it on year round.

So far I have the monitor sitting on top of the salt controller, still trying to figure out a good spot for it.

Thanks

2. vincent

vincent Senior Member

I had a mounting plate made out of stainless put it about 2 feet above spinner.

The camera mounts on the underneath side of the plate.

As as the monitor goes, it just lays on the center hump right now. I will either mount it on the sun visor or the bottom of the dash along the hump.

will provide pics later.

Also check out rearviewsafety's website, they have some customer mount pics.

3. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

I mounted the monitor on a removeable plate that clicks into the cup holder, and the camera is mounted on a double 90 peice of aluminum tapped into the top of the rear door.. Although I am driving an excusrion you can find my pics under my excursion thread

4. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Here is mine. I put it on the top of the engine cover on the sander.

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

What brand is the camera and how much? Thanks

6. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

http://www.rearviewsafety.com/
    they have a heated camera option, has infa-red for night time and a 7" monitor... only $300!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  7. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

8. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Yuppers.. Thats what i got.. The heated feature is great. prevents ice and snow from covering the lens. I believe the heater comes on automatically below 40 degrees.

9. H&HPropertyMait

Glad to hear you like it, I'll be buying one next year. Can't see anything behind the salter

10. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

I don't know how i did without it.. It has been awesome. So helpful .

11. H&HPropertyMait

Awesome, now I want one for thi year haha

12. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Yes get one now.....Thumbs Up

It has become second nature to look at the monitor while backing. Its also nice to look while going forward to see if anyone sneaks up on you. :gunsfiring:

I can even see the salt coming out of the spreader so i can view the coverage..

13. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Made a custom "plug" for mine.Mounted my camera's on magnets so i could move them around.Need to make mount for putting on ss sander.

020.jpg

019.jpg

14. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

sweet i like it..

I originally had mine mounted where the rear view mirror was. But i found it to bright at night that high up. So i mounted it down low so the light from the monitor wasn't right in my face.

15. justgeorge

justgeorge Senior Member

What kind of mount do you have that fits in the cup holder? That's about the area I want it, it's removable, and secure.

16. justgeorge

justgeorge Senior Member

Also on the camera mount location, it will have to be off to the side so the spreader doesn't block it. Maybe I'll cobble something that uses that license plate holder (but offset) so I don't have to drill into the bumper.

17. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Noticed the wide angle view is really wide.Used mine for the first time and it must take a little time to get used to.Was great to see if you were clear as you backed up but distance perception was tough.Used drivers side mirror when i got close.Night vision was unbelievable,no need for any rear lights. Thumbs Up Now just have to figure out why mine crapped out :confused: