1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear Timbrens Install Before and After Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by lodogg89, Nov 20, 2006.

1. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

Installed some rear timbrens to get rid of any sag in the rear when towing or carrying a heavy load. Trailer in the summer, Salt Spreader in the winter plus 1500lbs of salt. Will post on LawnSite as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

Looks great . How much extra weight can you carry now? Does it just keep the sag out the a***? Also does it make the truck ride alittle rough like the front timbrens do?

3. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

i havent really had a chance to use em yet, drove the truck around the block, but that was it, i am going to throw a couple thousand pounds back their tomorrow to test it out.

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Just be careful, it still is a 1/2 ton (assuming it is the truck in your sig).

5. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

Here is a picture with about 1000lbs back their. I still have a bit more to add. Salter weighs 100lbs and my walk behind spreader. But other than that im good to go.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

You can hardly tell that there is any weight in there. Looks good. How is the ride?

7. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

rides like a 1 ton now, bump bump bump, oh well, its fine for now

8. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Just curious, why do you have 1000lbs in the back? 2wd?

9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Denali's are ALL wheel drive. I don't see anything that would weigh a 1000 lbs, unless there are sand or salt bags back there. Whatever it is, it holds a 1000 lbs pretty good.

10. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

weight is referring to a snowblower, and then salt and my spreader.