1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear Suspension Lift

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jam1176, Dec 12, 2004.

1. jam1176

jam1176 Junior Member

My 1999 F-350 super duty crew cab dually has lift blocks in the rear
    suspension. This is fine with camper on but with 5th wheel trailer
    box rail are too high and interfere. Can these simply be removed or does
    this mess up some alignment? I want to add air bags. Would I want to
    level this truck out first or not?

2. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

When you say lift blocks do you mean the factory blocks or does it have a aftermarket lift kit? By removing the stock blocks you will probably cause drive-line angle problems and the front of your truck will be sitting way higher than the rear. One option would be to "flip" the axles on your fifth wheel trailer so that it sits high enough to clear the bed rails. When "flipping" the axles you will need to weld new spring pads on the trailer axles and position them on the lower side of the springs rather than having them above the springs. You cannot actually just "flip" the axles using the same spring pads because the axles are arched to allow for flex in the axle tube. If you use the same pads your tires will look like / \.