1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear steer snowblower

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by pmorrissette, Dec 19, 2009.

1. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

Wow, hella snowblower mod for a tracker. I'm impressed with there steering swap and all the mods! Definitely cool!
  3. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

that is sick, could be very useful, who ever did that had some design talent to make the rear steer. i wonder if the geo motor and drive is modified
  4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Thats been posted a few times here and is cool everytime!

But I think it says right in the beginning of the video that it has 2 engines, I think the geo motor is for the blower and there is another engine in the back for the powertrain.

It is def a sweet setup
  5. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

6. rebelplow

rebelplow Senior Member

To me it looks like he just turned the body 180 degrees, and added the second motor to run the blower.
  7. Ryan McEachern

Ryan McEachern Junior Member

Sorry, my connection is weird tonight. - Did anyone see what he did for cooling on the second engine? Did he say it was a 3 cylinder from a sprint?
  8. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

The rear engine drives the snowblower. It is a 3 cylinder, 1.0 litre from a Chevy Sprint or Geo Metro. IF it were me setting it up, i would find one with an automatic tranny, then weld the diff gears, and drive the power shaft for the blower right from the axle splines...makes for an adjustable speed blower...since the engine is mounted fore / aft, and the tranny would dip below the floorboard in the back, makes the powershaft line up to the blower relatively easy. As for cooling the engine, I would plumb it directly inline with the existing engine / radiator using rubber hose.