1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rear spring perches

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by mrascoe, Jan 1, 2010.

1. mrascoe

mrascoe Junior Member

has anyone ever had to replace rear spring perches and how hard of a job is it.my 87 dodge w150 needs two rear spring perches and im trying to decide weather to do the job or sell it.thanks:drinkup:

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i did mine on my old 88. pretty easy job i pulled the bed off so i had more room to work. the bed comes off in about 1/2 hour and is a good time to touch up on some rust spots or brake lines. back to the hangers just grind the rivets off with a grinder punch them out and just use some 1/2 bolts grade 5 or 8 instead of the rivets. real easy job i wouln't sell it just because of the hangers. good luck helps to have a buddy or two to help you pull the bed off.. :drinkup:

3. mrascoe

mrascoe Junior Member

thanks ..where did you get the perches?i was thinking napa might have them plus a new
    set of shackles .:drinkup:

4. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

got mine at the dealer :gunsfiring: i think it might be a dealer only,but id check napa im sure you'd save some coin. a spring shop might have shackles :nod: