1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear spring helpers

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DJ Contracting, Dec 9, 2006.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Well here is a link http://www.masterhitch.com/suspension.html to the helpers that came on my truck when I bought it. The one on the right with the coil spring and threaded rod, anyway they don't seem to help much . I was just wondering if I could adjust them so that there is more tension when a load is applied.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2006
  2. DJ Contracting

Anybody

Sombody must have seens these before.

3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I would say you need to tighten the threaded rods to put more pre-load on the springs, that will make them activate sooner. The tighter a spring is pulled, the more tension it provides... therefore by pre-tensioning it by shortening the rods, it will provide more resistance. wesport

Make sure you lube them up well in advance so you don't break them off...!

4. DJ Contracting

Thanks it's supposed to be in the mid fourties this week so I'll try and tighten them hopefully it works.