1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear Seats

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DwarF, Feb 20, 2001.

1. DwarF

DwarF Junior Member

I have an 83 K5, and am goin to replace the seats. Has anyone done this and know who/what to look out for to make this go easier? I read the article about using the Series 600 from SeatCo but I was hoping you guys would know off hand what will work without heavy modification. I would like the seats to recline, and the rear seat to fold down into a bed.

Gracias

2. Sunshine

Sunshine Junior Member

Seats

I don't know about your deal but I wanted to get a new front seat for my 85 and just out of curiosity I called a real good upholsterer to see what he would charge for fixing my old bench seat. He was very informative about buying aftermarket seats or redoing the old. Basically he said these seat places don't use quality foam and stuff so after a year they are already sagging and stuff. He said if you want different seats to get some out of a production vehicle because they are made to last at least until the warranty is up. Just a thought, Mark

3. 84'GMC4x4

84'GMC4x4 Member

<i>Basically he said these seat places don't use quality foam and stuff so after a year they are already sagging and stuff.</i>

just curious, when you say "these seat places" are you reffering to the aftermarket seat makers or the seat reupholsterers?

4. Sunshine

Sunshine Junior Member

seats

I mentioned getting seats through J.C. Whitney and he 'bout laughed me out of his shop. Also said to watch for other upholsterers putting a one inch overlay on your pad instead of repadding. Bummed me out cause there's a seat in Whitneys catalog that I wanted but not bad enough to have to replace in 12-18 months. Get what ya pay for I guess.
    Mark