1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear pull plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mxman, Dec 12, 2010.

1. mxman

mxman Junior Member
    from ma

I plow about 65 driveways and 3 parking lots. Last year we did it with 3 trucks. This year we will be using 2 trucks. I have a chevy- 4x4- 3/4 ton- 8.5 fisher plow. I was thinking of a pull plow . How ever I've never seen one work. Not sure if I need one that folds out or a daniels plow. I try to stay up with storms, plowing my account multiple times but in some cases I am plowing 1' snow and don't know if a rear plow could handle that.

P. S. This is my first post and all and any information would be great.
  2. Ford Guy

Ford Guy Member

i've got one on my truck and i wouldn't be without it now for doing driveways, i do 3 small parking lots and the rest residential and it's more efficient and safer then back dragging. the only disadvantage is that it makes your vehicle longer.
  3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I have one on my 1996 F-250. I also have a V plow with downpressure on the front of the truck. Total length of the truck with the V in scoop position is 26 feet 4 inches. So it definatley is a land yacht. But I agree with Ford guy, I wouldn't be without it on just the few resi's that I do. But it really shines on the commercials that is does, with traditional loading docks.
  4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

An Ebling Swing Wing seems like it would be a HUGE time-saver. Everyone that has one can't say enough good things about them.
  5. mxman

mxman Junior Member
    from ma

What kind of rear pull plow do you have? And how wide is it?
  6. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

Snowman 7' , much preferred over the Daniels. 8' is too wide for going along garages,etc. The Eblings are nice plows from what I've seen on video, I've never seen one in person.
  7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

We love our 8ft Daniels....use it on everything from resi to comm. But I think If I were to get another rear plow, I will try out an Ebling.

IIRC John, "Ebling" & "Swing Wing" are 2 different brands..?.?
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

9. standenc

standenc Junior Member

Hi iam interested in some prices and diff models they make please email me with the info thanks Corey