1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RLM, Mar 14, 2012.

1. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I bought a rear plow (Snowman, 7.5 power angle) a couple years ago. I haven't put it on a truck yet, we are
    going to be refocusing our company over the next several years. The way I see it the rear blades down presure should scrape the drives cleaner, most of our residentials are just standard 2 car wide, three or so deep. Will we benefit on these type of drives, how much and what are the main benefits.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Will clean up nice as apposed to back dragging.A vplow will help even more. Pull to the end of the approach and scoop it up onto the lawn.Only bad thing very long and if the streets are small ....

3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

All our trucks have V plows, figured on putting it on one with reg cab to keep length as short as possible.

4. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

IMO a back blade is a must have for doing a lot of residentials with a pickup truck in a city or town. Not so much needed in a rural area. Every area is different, for me it is hard to get a driveway that is a straight ahead push, about 3/4 require at least some back dragging.

Time is money, so put your Snowman to work.

5. peterng

peterng Senior Member

You are right there Nick, that's why i got out of driveways, most of what I picked up early on were not suitable for plowing IMO. So I pulled out for the time being.

BTW Capital towing bailed me out the other night for $40 cash. I had 3 keys for the ignition in the truck, key chain on the seat and 2 spares in the console. My wife has a hard job keeping me straight :)
    Pete

6. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

$40 really not that bad but let it be a lesson for ya.:D