1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear plows -- Ques & answers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by milkie62, Jan 1, 2011.

1. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

Been rearlly thinking of getting a rear plow setup.I could actually leave it at my big account so driving with the extra length is not an issue.Been looking at the Super Plow since it is made locally to me.Also looked at Daniels.Anybody not as impressed after they bought one and started using this type of plow.
  2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Have you not seen an Ebling? Those other two products are fine but the Ebling might be the best pull plow ever constructed. The Ebling impresses the hell outta me and I don't even own one.
    And if I were you, I wouldn't leave it anywhere.
  3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Agreed. I could put our 8ft daniels in the back of a pickup by myself.

SuperPlow looks cheaply built (homeowner standards at best). An Ebling would most likely be my next rear plow purchase.
  4. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

Thanks for the info,will look at both.Heard the daniels does not follow the ground well around dips and might leave snow
  5. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

I have a 8ft Daniels pull plow and I couldnt live without it now. It works great on driveways and pulling out from dock doors / dock pit's. It may not work great for everyones jobs you will need to research for your own application, as far for me, the Daniels was the best choice
  6. turfman59

turfman59 Member

Look at Ebling before you do anything else today. We own one 16 foot and will be buying anothr one next year if the business grows as much as it did this year.
  7. Pitt4212

Pitt4212 Junior Member

I have been using the super plow for the past three years now and have had great luck with it. The only minor issue that is somewhat bothersome but you get used to, is the 1/2 a second delay from pushing the remote control to actually getting the plow to do what you tell it. Besides that it is a huge time saver for my route. I do driveways exclusively and on a 4.5 hour route it saved me a full hour! The plow scrapes well in forward and just okay in reverse. I do like the fact that you can plow in reverse as it is useful in some instances on driveways. I am currently selling my plow now only because I am going to buy an ebling 14' plow so that I can get into some small parking lot accounts and the extra 6' I feel will justify the $6,500 price tag on the ebling. If you're interested in the super plow give me a shout and I can send you some pictures of my "red" not yellow super plow.
  8. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

If you don't mind, and may I suggest you get yourself a nice 16' Ebling. Once you have it and decided to leave it on the site, PM me the address. I will keep an eye on it for you so noone else bothers it, lol.
  9. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

super plow

Where in Mass are you located ? I am about 25 miles from Williamstown.What are you asking ?
  10. Tosh

Tosh Member

11. Pitt4212

Pitt4212 Junior Member

I am in Littleton, MA and asking $1,650.
  12. Pitt4212

Pitt4212 Junior Member

Looks like you are a little over 5 hours from me. If you are really interested in the plow then I would be willing to meet you halfway.
  13. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

I chose to build my own since i am too cheap to risk buying something i may not like. I still have some modifying to do but i must say i like using it and for some driveways it has made life much easier. Right now i have about $300 invested in it and it will wear out fairly quick as i did not use any greasable bushings for any of the pivots. It is strong though, back into a utility pole already and did not hurt it and it will pick the back of the truck off the ground if you put a chunk of wood under the blade. Worth having? Yes! What brand to go with i do not know? But shop around and see which one hooks up the easiest, how does it get recharged, what modifications may you have to do to to your truck to use it, how does it swing down, can it be used with a sander? Mine took a lot of thought into building it but i did not like how in most of these seemed to drop outward towards the object you were backed up to, mine actually drops inward to the truck so there is no chance of hitting the customers property.
  14. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

How about posting some pics?? I'm interested in one myself for my resi route but I can't afford to add to the length of my truck- got several drives where my truck is too long as it is. I'm slowly designing my own where the blade would lift up over the truck sides and/or into the bed to preserve the vehicle length. Any ideas from other home designed systems are interesting.
  15. wildwilly

wildwilly Member

yes pics please..always enjoy seeing how someone thought about it
  16. Pitt4212

Pitt4212 Junior Member

You would be surprised how the plow extending 3 feet behind your truck really doesn' t matter. In tight driveways (which I have) you can just back up and push the snow back into the bank to usually get your tires right to the edge of the road. After plowing for 3 years with mine I wouldn't plow without a rear plow ever again. You adapt your plowing style with these back plows and the extra length is 99 percent of the time never a problem, even on tight driveways. The only time I find it to be a hindrence (sp?) is on long common driveways trying to turn around in the driveway by the garage doors and I can still do it it just takes me doing about a 6 point turn instead of a 4 point turn.
  17. dmcarpentry

dmcarpentry Senior Member
    from maine

This is my first year running a pull plow, I purchased a 90" daniels pull plow for rm RCLB duramax with and 8.5 Fisher V

I love having a pull plow and It has made me much more efficient and allows me to do a better job.

Just to add a few comments I have a few accounts on main roads and the pull plow allows me to make one pass in and then pull the pile from the inside or the driveway/road. I dont need to wait for a break in traffic and it is much safer. It also works very well on culdasacs(spelling?)

The pull plow also allows me to complete driveways with out the turning my truck around as many times.

The quality on my Daniels has been far from excellent, The paint was peeling and rusted all over my brand new plow that was shipped to me factory direct.(and missing a chain binder) I decided to have it repainted because it looked so awful. When I was taking the cutting edge off the weld on the corner of the cutting edge let go. It was a very poor weld and had no penetration. After new paint and some welding everthing has worked well so far.

Hope this helps anyone with questions