1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear Plow Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hyperpack, Dec 2, 2003.

1. hyperpack

hyperpack Senior Member

I want to get a rear mounted plow for my one ton 4 WD truck.
    I would like to see photos of various brands mounted, To see which one I like best.
    Thank You Hyperpack
  2. Little Jay

Little Jay Senior Member

in the pictures forum, have a peek at my truck. Its on the second page "my chevy 2500HD" posted by me, little jay.
    It a snowman 80rs..8 ft. I've made the sideplates twice as long but the factory ones look the same (just shorter)
  3. hyperpack

hyperpack Senior Member

Thanks Little Jay just what I wanted to see.
    Anyone have another brand?
    Thanks Hyperpack
  4. Little Jay

Little Jay Senior Member

I dont have any photos. The only other brand I know of thats a major brand is Daniel's; which a lot of people like. They are dependable and sturdy-they are the common type of pull plow-meaning it doesnt trip like the snowman.
    Some of the shops around here custom make their own. My only word of advise would be to stay away from the models or custom ones that attatch only to your one hitch receiver. They might look nice and easy but I've seen so many of them not hold up to the true rigors of plowing. The Snowman models we have are the 80rs, which use two mounts to the towing receiver. We have had no problems with this, but I see that Snowman has updated the mounting mechanism for this year.
  5. TMC

TMC Junior Member
    from CT

Have you seen this photo I posted last year:
  6. hyperpack

hyperpack Senior Member

Rear Plow

Thanks TMC what brand is it?
    That thing must be unstoppable with 4 tires chained up.
  7. TMC

TMC Junior Member
    from CT

It's a Snowman. 75 LDA. I got it last year. It works OK for small to medium snow events. Problem is that I don't use a front plow at all. So if you don't get melting during the winter or you get a large event, you run out of space to throw the snow. Your banks get too high on the sides of the driveway and you start to close yourself in.

I have a subcompact Kubota tractor with a loader on the front. I eventually had to take it out and push back the sides and piles last winter because of all the snow we got.

As for the chains, yes the truck is virtually unstoppable with all 4 chains on. This photo was taken just after the huge snow event we got in CT last year. You should be able to see the 24" or so on the flat roof above the garage. For 6" to 14" I usually only use rear chains. I haven't started plowing this year (today). I think I'm going to run 2 chains today. Looks like about 6" to 8" out there.
  8. martincare29

martincare29 Member

If you have not bought one yet ! Get a good one like B&B quick hitch built strong the snowman are ok if you do a few drives but if your going to bang out lots of plowing i would buy a sold 4 pnt hook up built strong
  9. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Ebling's are even stronger.

Do a search for B&B, Ebling, Daniels, Snowman, there's one other who is a sponsor but the name escapes me. Plenty of pics.

Triple L has a whole thread with his truck(s).

Good luck.
  10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

9 year old thread.:)
  11. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

The search button worked!!:laughing::nod: