1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear Plow For ATV?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by 90plow, Jan 10, 2014.

1. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Does anyone make a rear plow for ATV's? I have a particular place that this would really cut some time off my route if I had a rear plow and a front plow I could get it done in no time at all.
    Thanks,
    Eric

2. MattR

MattR Senior Member

Personally I haven't seen any, haven't been looking either though. As long as you have a welder, steel, plow blade, and a winch for the back, anything is possible. It is a good idea though that maybe for next year I might fab something up for myself too.

3. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

cycle country used to make a 3 point hitch system for an atv and i think a back blade was an option if that helps

4. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I saw one on u tube that was really impressive but it was home made for sure.

5. glngib

glngib Junior Member

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I have one It did save time I made the blade and used a 3 point hitch that made for a atv
    Since I lost a lot of my sidewalk jobs I don't even run it on my atv any more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOMZ-vjKDHQ

7. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

Here's mine in back ground,

sorry its the only Pic I have will get some better one's

I have the Cycle country rear 3 point set up and Cycle country's 60" Blade as well.

works OK I guess.

Have you thought of doing a down pressure system on your front blade?

I have that on my other quad and I due 90% of my plowing with that. this one with the rear blade is my backup unit. though I due a lot of pulling the kids around on sleds with the my ATV with rear blade so they don't get caught up in the rear tires with there sled's.

just my thoughts sublime out.

image.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  8. sublime68charge

can you give more details of where you want to use a rear plow for?

9. sublime68charge

10. Reb

Reb Senior Member
    from Wyoming

[​IMG]

This is a system I made. I have the back blade, S-tines, box blade and rake that fits it.

11. hghgrad

hghgrad Member
    from MI

I'd be interested in seeing some more pictures of the attachments and such. Might be getting a new house and I'll have much more use for my quad with the acreage and longer drive and such.

12. sublime68charge

here,

http://www.kolpinpowersports.com/dirtworks-implements/dirtworks-implements.html

has lots of info and.

I have a rear cultivator as well that I used on the garden for weed control

13. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I have a smaller parking lot about 30 spots or so but it has all these stupid peninsulas and islands that make life very difficult at times. I could also use the atv to do all the sidewalks and handicap ramps along with a front plow.

14. Antlerart06

If your atv could handle it You could make folding wings on the rear blade so can drag a wider area then fold them back to make a box blade.

My rear blade I made it so it could trip on cracks

On packing snow it work well I could run both blades down and double scrap the walks

I turned down a complex I had for last 6 yrs each unit had long walks up to the front door . So the ATV could back up to the front door drop rear blade and front and plow to main walk.

Since mine was 48'' on the back and front is 58'' on 4ft walks only used the rear plow.

But you put a 3 point hitch on you will need to strut the rear end

15. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

What does that mean "strut the rear end"

16. Antlerart06

LOL Means you wont have a soft ride anymore it will ride like a tractor

Strut kit locks the suspension This is cheap way or buy stronger coil springs and bigger shocks if you have a independent suspension

Swing arm type ATV you wont need a strut

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  17. sublime68charge

have you looked at a down pressure system for a ATV front Blade?

I run the http://www.mibarproducts.com/ and can due Okay for back dragging away some snow for front walks and such I usually have to back drag the same path 2x time but it beats having to shovel out the length of the quad.

18. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

That looks like a slick setup. I'm going to look at a 2001 Polaris sportsman 500 ho with plow and winch that are less than a year old. Guys asking 2800 not sure if it's a good deal or not.

19. Antlerart06

I say it is a good price that same year and model as mine Would I buy another one from that year NO New ones have inline shafting old models would bind up at times when you trying to shaft from R to L

20. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

That guy ended up playing games and I didn't feel I could trust him. So I didn't pull the trigger.