1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear parking brakes on 99- 4 disk system

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MickiRig1, Apr 1, 2010.

1. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have a 99 F-250 wheel disk brakes. Who ever did the last brake job deleted the whole parking brake setups. My book has a very poor picture of the setup. Anyone have a good one? Also the lever off the cables that is to actuate the brakes. Should it have a pin that it pivots on? I find no pivot point for them. They are just hanging loose on the cable ends.
    Thanks for your help.
  2. MickiRig1

After looking at the parts that are in to hardware kit I got. They gave me the wrong kit. None of the springs match the pictures I have in the Haynes manual.Most of the listings for the calipers are " Loaded" they come with the bracket. I am think the brackets have a pivot pin that's missing on both of mine. I never had easy problems, there's always a hitch in every project!
  3. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

You do know that the emergancy brake is on the inside of the brake rotor? The lever is in the backing plate.
  4. MickiRig1

Yeah I know that.There is no pin for the lever to pivot on. It's just a lever held in-place with the rubber boot. We have the official Ford on demand site at work. I am going to ask the head mechanic to get me a better picture. My Wife works part time at a Ford dealer so I can get the correct stuff.
  5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

The parking brake assembly is a dealer only part FYI; about $280 IIRC. Note the caliper position on each side of the truck (front-back).