1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear overload springs to front leafpack?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dieselboy, Jan 29, 2011.

1. dieselboy

dieselboy Member

hello all.
    Im thinking about putting a set of rear overload springs on my front leaf pack on my 2001 f-350 7.3 Will this work? I happen to have an extra pair around so i thought id throw them in there. I have a 2 leaf 5600# springs in the front. What do you guys think?
    Thanks

2. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

well i think you should get a progesive leaf pack from tuff country or another company, does not sound like a good idea to put the rear overload on the front

3. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Just a guess, but I think you may end up with a truck that rides like a floor jack. Check with your local spring shop first.

4. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

No, not at all. Are you having problems with a sagging front end? What brand/width of plow do you have?

5. dieselboy

dieselboy Member

Yea the front springs are tired. The bump stops are like 2 inches above the axle. Im going to put a fisher 9' on the front and i think it will just bottom out. I dont have the coin for a tuff country kit so i was going to sandwich a overload spring in the leafpack.

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

7. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Don't add a leaf. Replace with X code springs and call it a day. You won't have any problems after that.