1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rear mount blower on tractor

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sven1277, Sep 23, 2010.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Not sure if I want a rear facing or rear pull blower on my 24hp Kubota. I have a 60" blade up front. I don't like the idea of constantly looking and driving backwards, but not sure if I want to drive over the snow before blowing it either. This machine will be at an hoa with separate drives and garage doors to clean out. Thanks.

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

you need a bigger tractor....

you wount find a inverted less then 60" wide....

3. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

When we first started out w/ HOA's in the Late 80's, we used a JD 855. That wasn't much more than 24hp and we put a MASSIVE (well, 80" hehe) snow bucket on it, 7' back blade, and we was in high cotton baby It will work and some day he'll get a bigger one.

4. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Triple L is right, your only option is a standard blower.

5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

blowing snow takes hp....

6. leon

leon Senior Member

snow etc.

a narrow blower will be better for the 7610 and you wil have 5 HP per foot
    if you buy a 48 inch unit from Pronovost with dual hydraulics,
    mount pneumatic casters and you will be all set.

7. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

You are 100% correct Trip. I'm just saying, If that's what he's got,..... it will work! If he has the dough, he can go bigger, if not, make do till you can afford to get a little bigger machine. I know of at least 2 or 3 guys running about 24hp 4x4 w/ 60" blower on front and 72" blade on the rear. Look I know it ain't no Ebling, but it will move snow.