1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear lighting

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Roy23, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Roy23

Roy23 Junior Member

I have another situation idk if u guys have had it happen before...my tail lights don't light up but the brake lights work and tonight I might have to go and plow snow at night but I was wondering if I could buy something temporary to make my rear visible at night like at a Walmart or auto parts store

2. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Yea, rig up a light into your trailer electric connection.

3. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Walmart has all kind of lights in automotive section rig up something till tomorrow.

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

By the time you rig something you could probably fix tailights or worst case scenario just tap a 12 volt fused lead right into them. Have you checked the fuse? Front parking lights work? Headlight switch? Maybe jump wire for parking lights at switch?

5. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

im going to be that guy but are your bulbs good??? and also check all connectors in wiring harness as i had to recently replace the weather plug at the back of my truck