1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear Light Question?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CTerrySGD, Nov 23, 2005.

1. CTerrySGD

CTerrySGD Member

I just put a set of 55w fog lights on one of the metal bars that go around my SnowEx 8000.... Any idea if I can run two 55w lights off the hot wire that comes from the SnowEx controller? It seems to me that it would be a bad idea since the SnowEx controller monitors the auger and spinner for errors and blockages....

I figured someone might have tried it though and it worked for them. I'll probably end up running the wire up to the engine compartment and hooking into one of the four upfitter switches.

How many watts can you run through the reverse light wire on the trailer hitch?

2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I have the 2 55watt foglights too. I tried hooking them up to the trailer harness but it was too much draw. All I got was a very dim glow. Hooked them up to a relay using the reverse wire on the trailer harness as a trigger. The only way to go. It's like having headlights on the back of your truck.
  3. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

I would run 10 gauge wire back to one of the upfitter switches, they already have relays so you will never have any meltdowns. If you really don't want to do that, run a couple of 15 dollar or less "salt lights"(http://www.angelos-supplies.com/plowparts/) off the reverse light wire on the trailer harness, then you could simply unplug them when you take off the salter. They don't draw much, eithier
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2005
  4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

On my 01 Dodge, I mounted 2 55W implement lights to the spreader.....:eek: :eek: I didnt want any rear work lights on the truck year round so this was perfect. I mounted a 6 prong trailer receptacle to the trailer hitch and that is turned on by a switch on my switch panel. I will try to post some pictures soon but I must say I am very happy the way they turned out.:)