1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear lift acting slow

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by thermo, Dec 26, 2012.

1. thermo

thermo Member
    from USA

I have a 74 ford 5000 with a front loader. My question is my REAR lift has been slow in operation. Sometimes when I pull the lift lever all the way to the top, the rear lift will wait a few seconds before it raises, which is a pain when bushhogging. Any idea what the problem is? Is it just low on hydrualic fluid(i cant find a plug to check it)?
  2. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

If you can't find the dip stick on the rear end you had better get an owners' manual.
  3. jwc3232

jwc3232 Junior Member

when was the last time you changed the filter or cleaned the screen is the loader slow also
  4. thermo

thermo Member
    from USA

The tractor does not have a dipstick for hydraulic fluid. I need to look into an owners manual but im a cheap person lol.

I have never changed the filter or cleaned the screen. We bought the tractor from a dealer about a year and a half ago. The loader has never been slow but it has never been fast either. It is my understanding that the ford 5000 was not really designed for a loader and that the pump has a small flow rate.

Thank yall for the fast responses.