1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rear ends?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by c.t. lawn care, Jan 3, 2004.

1. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

what is best locking or non locking rear ends?

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

with a non locking rear
    the wheel with the least traction gets the power
    with a locking both rear are powered when driving straight

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Locking or limited slip are the best! Only problem is they will skate sideways on you. If you hit a situation where forward traction is stopped the rear it will skate sideways on you. Cause both wheels have traction. Don't even think of doing lockers on the front, without being able to disengage the front it's dangerous!
    You loose steering and control! Do an air locker on the front if you want posi on the front axle.
  5. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I run Detroit lockers in the rears of all my trucks, I would not be without them. Probably the best thing that I have done to the trucks. I also run ARB air lockers in the front on the 97 and 03. The front locker is something that doesn't get used that much, but the few times a year that they do get used they are worth their weight in gold!!