1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear end, posi or not?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 1977/85scottspecial, Nov 13, 2003.

1. 1977/85scottspecial

1977/85scottspecial Member
    from Indiana

It looks like some kind of posi is in here. I just don't know if it is the stock or an aftermarket. It is from a 74' k20 14 bolt with 4:10 gears. Here is a pic.

rear end.jpg

2. 1977/85scottspecial

from Indiana

3. meyer&western

meyer&western Junior Member
    from 45308

locker

i got the same in my chevy and it is factory they are a good locker but true-trac last a lot longer in a plow truck :waving:

4. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Is this a locker? From the pics it looks like a factory solid locker. Almost like there are no internals...? :salute:

5. 1977/85scottspecial

from Indiana

I am pretty sure its not a solid locker. I can jack up the rear and turn one wheel one way and the other will spin the opposite way. Thanks guys.

6. Rick Loncosky

Rick Loncosky Senior Member
    from 17557

That's the same one I just put in my 77 K20. If you were to remove the center section & then the ring gear you will find a centrifugal arm that will only lock the other side when there is a difference in wheel spin. Then it locks, that's how I see it working, maybe someone else can elaborate on it. Rick ...