1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear end light

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jkopp, Dec 6, 2007.

1. jkopp

jkopp Junior Member

What do you guys use to light up the back of you to see what's going on?? Pics??

2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I installed a white night light for the first time and love it. It is easy to hook up and has a switch so you can turn on the light without putting the truck into reverse.

www.whitenight.com

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I put 55wat bulbs in my backup lights.

4. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

I have 2 Hella dual lamp work lights on my back rack switched inside cab. I have 4 55w halagons on my light bar switched inside cab. I have 3 tractor lights mounted on the rear of my sander on all the time the sander is plugged in. Plenty of light rearward... now if only someone made some plow light upgrades......

5. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

new to me this year are all led reverse lights and flood lights. They are a little costly but the light is crisper and the elec draw is next to none.The led salter light works extremely well.

6. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Eight white backup lights total, two separate circuts with 4 lights each. 4 come on when the truck is in reverse, the other 4 are on a switch. 6 of them are 55watt. I just bought some super bright 2" round grommet mount LEDs that I have to put somewhere...
    bkpt21098.jpg

bkpt21098.jpg

7. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

If you want to try these round 4" 55 watters I have an extra set they are great they have been on since Dec. 07. And they come in yellow works well in heavy snow. You know who to call.

litlite.sm.jpg

litlite.sm.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  8. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I've got twin 55W implement lights mounted under the bumper on my truck- wired in so they come on when I shift into reverse- works GREAT!:nod:

9. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  10. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

No thanks, I just want to get the nighthawks or the NS II.

11. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

I've got a set of cheap Wal-Mart driving lights mounted under the rear bumper, and wired to my factory upfitter switches. They work very well, and at $15/pair I don't feel too bad when they break.

12. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

DFLS I will take them if he wont. I'll even pay for the shipping:D.

13. scitown

scitown Senior Member

I have my light bar turn around backwards and the four "take down lights" are facing the rear. I had to take my tailgate off because the reflection was killing me. I can use them for all of ten minutes because the amp draw is insane. I like the white knights too I have seen some of those on trucks around here they seem to work well. All you guys with the lights under the bumper, dont you rip those off in snow banks?

14. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Every year I rip off a set from under the bumper. So every year I put a new set on.

15. scitown

scitown Senior Member

So do you go with the wally world specials? I just can't see putting lights down their. Even the white knight looks like it could get banged up. I like the back rack jobbers they are nice and high up and light up half of a block.

16. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Do yourself a favor and mount them on top of the bumper below the tail lights. Thats where I have mine set.

17. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You mean behind the truck? Death ray on 2 of my trucks, more to come.

Or behind me? Not sure I want to know. :eek:

Wasn't sure which rear end you were referring to. :eek: :D

18. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

My truck came with these light that are mounted in the same housing as the brake and tail lights. When you put it in reverse, they come on! :nod:

19. jeeps rule

jeeps rule Junior Member

I have a pair of implement lights cost around $11 each under the rear bumper. They are wired through a single pole double throw toggle so they can be switched constantly on, off or come on with the vehicles reverse light.

20. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

Those $11.00 lights you can get @ Napa you can splice them into your reverse light wire. I have done that with those low amp draw lights for years. Just don't try that with 55wers.