1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear Dually Light on 2500HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Novadiecast, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

I added the dually rear clearance light on my 07 2500HD today. It was raining and had nothing else to do today so I got it done. It was a piece of cake to install. Drill 3 holes and two self taping screws, Two quick splices to attach the wires. I sealed the connections with liquid electrical tape. I wired it into a license plate light.

Thanks to BB for the info to get the part and wire it in.

Here is the info from BB.

If you want the correct light like your body style would have come with in the dually configuration you want GM p/n 15248604. Should be around $35-$45 or so. It wont be plug and play as the dually's that would normally been equipped with it use a different light junction box where all the rear lighting plugs into the central junction box at the rear of the bed. You can however just tie it into one of the license plate lamps if you use some good heat shrink to seal it up.

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I did that to my 2500HD too. I like it a lot. A little more visible and just looks plain cool. It was so easy. Looks good Novadiecast.

3. Novadiecast

Thanks DeereFarmer. I like the look also it is cool and I am the only one in town!!!!

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good Chris congrats on the install. :waving:

5. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

I did this years ago on my 98 K1500 Z71 using the correct duelly lights for that year truck. I also added the cab clearance lights for that body style truck.

6. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

Here is a side shot of my truck with the light bar under the tailgate and another pic just for the heck of it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  7. TonyS

TonyS Junior Member

I did the same thing to mine but got it at TSC for 10$. Looks good.

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I have that on mine as well. They are LED ones for a trailer, from TSC. Look good and did not have to pay for actual GM ones. Actually I swiped them off of my trailer, lol.

70monte, you have a very nice truck!!!

Nova, your truck looks very nice as well. Are yours led too?

9. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

Thanks. I bought the truck new and have taken good care of it. The inside looks like new also with seat covers on all of the seats and Husky liners in front and back floorboards. Truck currently has 105,000 miles on it.

Wayne

10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

That truck looks in better condition than some newer ones around here!!! Kudos to you for caring for your trucks!!:drinkup:

11. Novadiecast

Mine are the GM ones which are LED. I consider it my GM stimulus package. They really are not that bad , I paid 36.00 for them. I like the factory look.

And Thanks for the positive comments.