1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear bumper

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by SteveR, Apr 9, 2008.

1. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Looking for a strong rear bumper for my F250s sick of body damage from junk bumpers
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

take some 12" structural steel channel and you can make a killer bumper .
  3. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

find somone that can weld..best bet and you can do anything you want...i love mine..hit more stuff then you can imagine and i've only broke the bolts holding it on the frame..didnt even dent the bumper haha
  4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Now that's a bumper! I agree. Find a good welder. They can do a much better job that an aftermarket type bumper.
  5. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

My buddy has a custom bumper on his chevy its awesome. its made out of like 1/2" steel plate he has been rear ended 3 times no damage at all. I believe some of the cars that rear ended him were totaled. only problem though is instead of the bumper absorbing some of the impact from the crash the frame absorbs it all. His frame is a bit bent from all the crashes but the bumper looks like new.