1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear Bumper Needed

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Hambrick & Co., Jan 26, 2008.

1. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

So as I was plowing with my head up my A$$ today I pegged a brick mailbox with my rear bumper. No damage to the mailbox luckely but I wrecked my bumper. I am going to keep in on for the rest of this season (just in case) but I would like to replace it with something a little more durable. Maybe a drop bumper? I would like to get one with cutouts for aux lights. I use a hitch mounted spreader which was not affected this morning. Let me know what has worked for you. Thanks Mike

2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I too will need a new bumper at some point. Mine has a small (can't really see it unless you're close to the truck) dent in the drivers side corner of the bumper from the previous owner (not sure what he hit). I'll probably replace it at some point, no real rush as it looks fine now, but when I have more $$$ to spend I'd like to replace it. I'll be interested to see the responses on recommendations and prices on here.

3. zappalawn

zappalawn Member
    from pgh

car-part.com

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I too need a new rear bumper. AHAH! Backed into a mailbox and f-ed my rear bumper up, the mailbox won. Gotta love plowing when your in a hurry.

5. yancy

yancy Senior Member

DMI's are good bumpers as long as you do not get hit right at the corner then they bend. A adapter that bolts to the draw bar and has a receiver on it is easy to make. Our farm truck has Ranch Hand style bumpers on it they are nice but they still rust.

6. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Why? then you will be asking how to rebuild mailboxes:waving:

7. Indy

Indy Senior Member

I have a dent in my rear bumper that is the exact height and shape of the top of a fire hydrant:salute: not sure how it got there:nod:

8. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Wish I had a rear bumper :cry:. The New Body Style 2007 Chevy's have decoration - no bumper. Front is ALL plastic and rear is a flat spring metal with plastic coverings only strong enough to stand on but, nothing else.

9. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I had a email with gmupfitter on the bumpers and there stance is the truck meets FMVSS/CMVSS standards. What you have to figure out is what is behind that.

The government lowered their requirements at the beckon of industry and allowed industry to lesson their cost. Although, the cost of the designed bumper has gone beyond the original savings Chevy has chosen not to consider simple damage concerns from daily use. http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/studies/Bumper/Index.html

Based on the FMVSS/CMVSS the bumpers on center are designed for 2mph impact any resulting damage is no longer considered.

Sad.

10. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

Rear Bumper with lights

Sometimes it's worth checking your local wrecking yards,... you might just find something greater than you even imagined,... like I did with this bumper,.. for $100,... :waving:

Bumper with lights on (Custom).JPG