1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Rear backup camera??

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Earthworks2011, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Earthworks2011

Earthworks2011 Junior Member

I got a 2011 2500 diesel "longhorn"......LOVE the truck, but last year i had this crazy idea of installing a rear camera on the salter and possibly plugging it in to the existing tailgate plug. Im a true plow boy (12yrs in), never thought i would ever use a rear camera but have found it surprising useful........any thoughts???
  2. orenlasko

orenlasko Senior Member

I've had this setup since new on my 2010

Order the wiring harness from the tailgate. Should be $100 or so. Any qualified installer can then mate up an aftermarket camera to the end of the harness. Then when you disconnect your tailgate all you do is plug in the same harness with the other camera. Works like a charm. I'm in Toronto so if you want to see my setup swing by. Cheers
  3. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Ive got a backup camera in my tailgate, its a life save when im plowing my residentials.