1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rear axle not centered

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by plowin207, Mar 17, 2010.

1. plowin207

plowin207 Member

i was looking at my truck tires cause i was thinking of doing wheel spacers/adapters (i know what some people think of these but my post isn't about them) i was looking at the tires to the body to see how much i wanted and i realized that on the drivers side my rear tire has to come out about 1.75 inches and on the passenger side it only needs to come out half an inch so my question is is there any way to get the rear axle centered under the body or is it centered and maybe something on the body is bent but im thinking that its the axle cause i just did an aal kit so it is probably something i did and wanted to know if there was a way to diagnose this and fix i thanks
  2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Take it to an alignment shop. That would be the easiest way to find out what is messed up under the truck
  3. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Did you buy used truck?

It could be been in accident before and they fix body?
  4. Rubicon 327

Rubicon 327 Senior Member

Do you remember having any problems with the center pin on either side?
  5. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

are the wheels the same/offset?
  6. plowin207

plowin207 Member

the truck was used. i had just had it alligned after the new tires and aal were put in and the wheels should be the same offset as they are factory.... im thinking it might have been that i was parked in my driveway and it isn't completely flat it isn't a steep grade but it is a little hill could this also be it
  7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

you know that the rear wheels are supposed to be set further in than the fronts?
  8. plowin207

plowin207 Member

ya i know that. but it was side to side not front to back that it was way off