1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

rear axle bearing

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Dave_Dean, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Dave_Dean

Dave_Dean Junior Member

Quick question. 1993 1500 Chevy extended cab 2wd- Is the procedure for changing the rear axle outer bearings and seals the same as for an 83 GM 10 bolt? At this point I'm unsure if it has a limited slip. Thanks for your help.

2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

It should be the same. Both use rear axles retained by a C clip in the carrier. Remove axles and slide hammer out bearings. Install new bearings and seals, check axle running surface for damage and reinstall.

3. plummermark2002

plummermark2002 Member

play in rear axel

I have a 1986 camaro iroc z28 I was trying to adjust my parking brake for the hundredth time and i noticed that there is some play in the axle, my question is should there be any play in the rear axle? any info on this would be greatly appreciated. plummermark 2002!

4. JMR

JMR Senior Member

If the play is in and out, not up and down it is normal.

5. plummermark2002

plummermark2002 Member

rearend play

How much play is exceptable in the rearend? plummermark!