1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

realy to module harness?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Ground Cover, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Ground Cover

Ground Cover Junior Member

i bought a 8' western ultra mount pro. it will be going on a 06 f-350. it came with the relay style harness to go onto my truck but is not in the best of shape. i found a guy who has the module and harness to fit my truck. my question is will the plow funtcion correctly? if not what would i need to change on the plow? or am i better off just using the relay style harness?
  2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The plow will work perfectly as long as you actually have the correct cables and install it right. The newer isolation module cable set will probably have three wires at the grill. One for switched main power from the battery to pump motor, one for function controls and the third is for lights. It is possible that your plow might have two cables, one for main switched power and a second for combined function control and lights. If you have the two wire system on the plow you will have to replace some of the wires but this is pretty simple. I would certainly recomment eliminating the relay harnesses as they are problematic and difficult to troubleshoot. Once you have an iso-mod system you will never want to go back to relays.
  3. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

If you switch over to the isolation mod. you will need new plow wiring. Just like mishnick said you will need 3 plow plugs. You will have to buy new headlights that will have their own plug, and one wire and plug for the plow controls. No idea on cost, I like the isolation mod. I have it an 07 ford diesel, if you go that route and are wondering where to mount the box I put mine on the battery cover on the drivers side. Some other people may have a better idea too.
  4. mishnick

Although I highly recommend a new set of nighthawk headlamps you can just buy a new headlamp cable and keep the old rectangular sealed beams. They are patheticly dim but it would save you $100. There are many places to mount the iso-mod. Many people just use nylon ties to secure them. They come with felcro fasnter strips with adhesive backs but I find they don't stick very long. I often use riv-nuts if there is a good spot, they look good, hold well and look like they came from the factory.
  5. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

If a new set of Nighthawks are only $100, I'll take 2 please! Thumbs Up
  6. mishnick

Sorry I was not clear. The cable to upgrade from the old two wire to the newer three wire will be about $80 to $100 where as the nighthawk replacement headlamp assembly (that comes with the three wire light cable) will cost about $200 so the net difference will be a savings of about $100. Prices will certainly vary depending on where you live and how much your dealer marks things up.