1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Really meyer....Really

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ACA L&L, Nov 17, 2011.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

So a few years back I got a great deal on the Meyer ez mount express AG 8.5 snow plow, so good in fact we bought two. Was happy, until we bought a new truck last week, apparently they dont make a mount for the dodge 2011 3/4 ton, Ive called dealers on the east coats hoping someone had a secret fix other than fabbing a mount which when i removed this one will not be easy if at all possible. And today i find out that they are not even making this mount anymore.......after my dealer said they were working on a transfer for this plow(it was on a ford diesel 250) but they have no idea when it would be completed................my guess is never. At this point plow is for sale, very limited market i would assume, if anyone has a sugggestion, fix to my problem i would be forever in debt for youe wisdom.............hopefully my dealer will pull off a miracle, but i am not holding my breath..............on a good note my western pro plow will be installed friday on the other new dodge, would love to put a western on my other new dodge............Oh i forgot, they make a mount for the diesel 2011 dodge, but dealer said meyer said this would not work? anyone do this or know why it would not work..........help<> please.

2. 01SMOKINSD

01SMOKINSD Junior Member

A friend and I bought two of these plows 3 years ago, Great price on them. He upgraded his truck last year only to find out that Meyer didnt make a mount for his 2010 Chevy 2500HD. As it turned out the old mount would work, just had to drill 1 hole in the frame on each side. I think these are excellent plows, but I dont think they are big sellers for the company because of the "retail" price.

3. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Thanks for the insight. Meyer only shows them having a mount up to 2010 for the dodge 2500. One dealer says yesa the other has not said, my main dealer has that bthe fab guy across the street can do anything, kinda wanna keep it affordable, i do love this set up, zero issues except for this and i think the fact that they sold me 2 plows and now i cant transfer them is HUGE. i sold one with a truck last year, bought a new western this year, and do not wanna buy a cheap plow while this plow sitrs in my driveway, owell, sold the truck it was on have mounts and wiring for ford trucks 99-07 if anyone interested, or if you have ez express mount #17148 thats what will fit a 2010 dodge, which should fit ,my 2011 dodge...............my goodness, stress is really high this past week, weather coming, looming new plow cost.......:yow!: