1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Real truck or not

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by g-landscaping, Feb 20, 2008.

1. g-landscaping

g-landscaping Member

i drive a 2003 explorer sport trac xlt and all my buddies call it a ***** truck and a cross over vehicle and i try to tell them it can do any a normal truck could but they dont hear me out. now i want your guys opinion. what to do u think

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

nope not a real truck sorry, lol
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If it can carry a 6 pack then I guess it's a truck.:confused::confused:
  4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

i really only consider a truck a truck if it has a seperate box and cab. the avalanches and sport tracs etc. i dont really consider them a truck more like an SUV nothing wrong with that.
  5. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Oversized car are two better words.....def not a truck.....not on this site anyway.....maybe on the PianoSite it would be
  6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

anything with the name trac is not a truck
  7. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I can carry a 6 pack on my Harley, it's just hard to keep it cold.
    Well my wife wants a Sport-trac, she said they look CUTE:p
  8. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

They are no more a truck then a minivan is...Not a truck!
  9. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

i have to agree...its not a truck more like a oversized car or undersized SUV
  10. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

i think u answerd that in the question its calld an explorer sport trac whats an explorer an suv so its an suv
  11. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

and u apparently havent ownd a 6cyl explorer or ranger slam the pedal down and hold on if they would put limited slips or lockers in them they would be awesome
  12. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

it is not a truck.
  13. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

I bet your wishing you didnt ask that question here.

Nope not a truck

14. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

a vehicle is a tool. if it does what you need it to do then i dont think it matters what you classify it as.
  15. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

small fry

two grown up's and a 6 pack of beer and you got a load !!!!!!!! ,go through enough mud puddles and it might swell up !into a real truck .
  16. JCStrasser

JCStrasser Member

If you like it and it does what you want, that's all that really matters. :nod:
  17. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

18. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

No Im sorry but it is not a truck. Just because it has a bed, doesnt mean that it is a truck. Remember the El Caminos and Rancheros? Those had beds but they still were a car. Basically what I call those sport tracs, S10s, etc are just a bunch of glorified golf carts, LOL:D
  19. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

He's asking if it's a truck... So even if it holds a six pack and does what he needs it to do, that still doesn't make it a truck.
    Just go trade it for a crew cab. Now you have a truck and don't forget the diesel motor so it becomes a man's truck.
  20. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

I think this guy read a few of the first replies and left the site for good....

Here's a test to see if you Sport Trac is a "real" truck or not: My F-250 SD w/ the 7.3L has a GVWR of 8800 lbs.... What's your Explorer Sport Trac's GVWR??? :rolleyes:

ps: Did a little research, 5,001-6,000 lbs. case you were wondering.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2008