1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

real pulling power?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Jay brown, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

just wanted an opinion as to what you thought would have more pulling power? #1. 2000 f 550 stock PSD w/ auto. or #2. 1990 Topkick lo pro w/ 3116 Cat and 4 sp alli.......thanks jay
  2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

wheres the poll?

i vote for the cat.
  3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

we don't need no stinkin' poll....
  4. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

3116 was a little underpowered put they were a darn site improvement from the 7.3 :nod:

a freind of mine has 2 F-650 dump's one with a7.3 6spd and one with a 3116 auto. BOTH are 10 dump's but the 3116 has a aluminum dump but it's a subframe dump so thier is no weight differ. and the 7.3 is sick.

the same guy has 3-4 of them totoal (dump's and flat's) one with cummins one with 3116 and a coule of PSD's the one with the cummin's was the sickest of the bunch so i put injector's a hx40 turbo and a DD box on one of his f-550's with a 5.9 cummin's and everyone would rather drive it

so in conclusion

same truck same rear's same weight etc. the 3116 will run off an hide from the 7.3

hope this helps?