1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Real life Optimus vs Arctic ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by xtreem3d, Sep 26, 2014.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Evening guys,
    Does anyone reading, happen to have owned each of these to make a real life comparison of the 2? I currently have 1 Arctic but am not happy only because it's not user friendly, if I was the one using it I'm sure it would be fine but I don't. I also have a trip edge 12 foot skid steer Avalanche which worked good it's first winter but might like to try the Optimus..any experiences with the 2 listed above
    Thanks,
    Steve

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I've never seen a review of it.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Can I ask how the artic isn't user friendly?

4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

My guys keep breaking blocks and one guy has a tendency to wear down the shoes faster than normal

5. dieselss

Not to be mean but sounds like user error not manufacturers error.
    If there breaking the artic, how are they gunna not break the optimus?

6. aslc

aslc Junior Member
    from iowa

I have several arctics
    I personally have broken my share of blocks. If you get on a parking lot that is poorly maintained they will break. If the block problem wasn't a issue then like arctic has said for years than they wouldn't have come out with a fix that we had to beg to get pics of.
    All and all they scrape and work great, just costly to run

7. 1olddogtwo

Shoe wearing is a sign on down force or the slip hitch binding.

8. 1olddogtwo

Never heard that before. Been using the sectional since about 01-02, 5 years before being released. During those years, the other weak areas were improved upon. I personally broken a few over-time. Yes the blocks will wear out over time. Can the block be improved upon, yes. Will the safety of the loader and tech be compromised, yes.

The limiters are just to help those who have difficulties stacking. Come on, do we hire the best operators?

The question really boils down to replacing a broken block or wasting salt. I know more then a few here who have complained about blocks and have PM'd me about buying more this year cause the way they perform overall.

I can tell you the factory is working overtime to fill orders.

9. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Careful.........You are gonna get Olddog Riled up........:laughing:......:drinkup:

10. Defcon 5

Delldoug ran the Optimus last year for Avalance I do believe......You could probably PM him....

11. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Why don't you look at the MetalPless LiveBoxx as well, I think those look like the best pusher I've seen. Expensive I'm sure, but looks worth it.

12. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

The prices were posted on here and yes they were pricey.

13. 1olddogtwo

Ruff Ruff.....lol

Its all good in the da hood

14. 1olddogtwo

I hope to see good reviews of it. Didn't really see any other expect the manufacturer or distributor videos.

Its always good when the bar is raise.

15. Defcon 5

I have to raise myself up to the Bar at the end of most nights........:salute:

16. dieselss

Ah....chin up man I see