1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Real Life Advice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TRINITY, Nov 22, 2001.

TRINITY Junior Member

Happy Thanksgiving !

I am in need of some advice regarding SnoWay down pressure from those of you that use it. My next plow purchase will be a v plow. Either a western mvp or a SnoWay lobo. My heart has always been with western and I do like their v in terms of looks, trip design, and controller. My stumbling point though is Snoways down pressure system and the thought that I need that benefit. I have a fairly even mix of commercial and residential jobs and currently use straight blade Westerns. Dealer support is not an issue as I have several nearby that sell both brands. So, speaking from your experience would you say that the down pressure is a valuable enough feature to sway my decision? In situations where you back drag and the snow compacts does the downpressure scrape it clean or does it still compact the snow?

Thanks Guys

2. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I have used Meyers, Western and Fisher plows over the years. Out of those three I prefer Fisher.

That said, I have read alot here about Snoway and their down pressure.

Alan from Vermont ( a Moderator here) uses them and swears by the downpressure.

I haven't actually used it myself but, most that have have great things to say about it. do a search here for other posts on snoway or down pressure.

Hope that helps
  3. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

One of my subs uses a Snoway Lobo.

That thing has a ton of innovative features. Way ahead of it's time.

Yet, if I we buyng new, a Western MVP would be on my truck.
  4. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

As far as I'm concerned the downpressure is definitely a worthwhile feature. We've got two Predators and one Lobo, will probably never switch brands, part of that is the product, part is the dealer support we get here.