1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Real Green Users?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Cooter24, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Just wondering how many of you are using Real Green year round. We are just implementing their software now for the upcoming season. Not sure if it is the most user friendly for winter work. It is geared mainly towards summer work, but we would like to use it year round if possible.

2. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

we bought it mainly for winter work and didnt work well with that.... i know some love it, i hated it and it got ugly after we had paid for most of the software already and never used it.

we use contractor edition of quickbooks and although some things could go smoother to my liking, its not bad and literally $400 or less, it was stupid of me to think even after a demo in person, that $3000+ software would do anything more or better than something over the counter.

3. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

No one else is using Real Green?

4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

after using it and realizing its really not for snow services at all, i would guess most on here are not using it. try lawnsite, some have it over there.

5. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

We used their product for a number of years. We changed over to Clip software at a time when we lost confidence in Real Greens support service. Not sure on how their support is these days though. We are pleased with Clips ability to handle our snow and ice management activities.

6. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

We use it but understand we are growing towards becoming a lawn application only company; snow is just a stepping stone.

I hated it at first too - usually I was drinking while trying to learn though. I pitched a fit and Val let me back up for 2 more days of training. Couple years later now I love it and cant imagine office flow without it.

7. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Do you currently do maintenance or hardscapes? And are you going to sell off those divisions? I would love to be an application and snow only company. Don't think it will happen here w the population numbers.

8. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

yes to both. Id like to sell maintenance this winter but there isn't anyone who agrees with my valuation based on free cash flow so i imagine we will keep it indefinitely and just keep milking it.

Wanted to add, we are running their mobile live and really can't wait to use it for snow this winter. Should be the cats meow with gps authentication and digital timestamps.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013