1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Real Bad Luck & Trucks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pickering snow removal, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

Ok fellows iam starting to think iam being given a message about trucks 2weeks ago i dropped a F550 off to get out fitted 4days after being there i get a call from them and there has been a problem the truck got dropped off a hoist while working on it i went down to the place and looked at it what a mess i want to pinch myself and to say this is all a bad dream.

Being a very understanding person normally i completly lost it made alot of bad choices and said alot of things iam not real happy about. Not being in any postion to one have a brand new truck repaired {looks really bad} i had to change gears i need this truck in service yesterday My dealer up here and the outfitter took some major steps to correct. I ended up with a 04 F350 141 wb they had just gotten in has a pool truck they upfitted it made all the ness axle mods and fitted it with a 8.5 mvp . this is the third truck this summer keep in mind the first one blew the engine on the way to the upfitter, the 550 gets dropped and i end up with a 350 the price was so dam good when all this was said and done i dont know if i have room to complain i have had this truck in service for about three days and i really love it power mileage and all the room is nice , i have attached a pic i will get more with the plow on.
    regards fred

2. Pickering snow removal

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Are you sure you want to drive it Fred:confused: :D ,I'm sorry,hope you have much better luck with this one:waving:
  4. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Great looking truck

I'm real sorry to hear about all your bad luck. It looks like you got a great looking truck out of it anyway. Looking formward to the plow pics. Is that the utra-mount on the truck? If it is I hope mine looks like that when I get it.

5. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Sorry about all of your bad luck. Hope everything works out well with the f-350 BTW Nice looking truck:cool:
  6. wyldman

wyldman Member

Sorry to hear of all the bad luck Fred.Hope this one works out better for you.What motor is in it ?
  7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Fred great looking truck hope you have good luck with this one:drinkup: .You did the right thing by not having that repaired they never are the same after being repaired in my opinion ,plus who wants to make payments on a new repaired rig .
  8. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

Sorry bout your luck with the 550 but dam that new 350 looks great!!
  9. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry to hear about all the bad deals you had to go through. That got to be a horrible feeling when you saw the truck off the hoist on ground. Glad to hear your thrid truck came out without a glitch yet. I guess 3rd time's a charm. That truck looks great. Hope you have good luck with it.
  10. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Nice looking truck. Does it have all the tools in it in that picture or is it sagging a little after putting all the tools in? What are you using this truck for? On the upside the tires will be alot cheaper...
    Good luck
  11. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Thats a really nice truck.90 plow I think the truck is gonna be used as a service truck or a mobile shop on wheels.
  12. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Best of luck Fred. Im sure that all the bad luck will turn out to give you some major good luck in the near future.

13. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Fred, thats a real beauty of a truck! Good luck with it and thanks for sharing the pictures with us! Looking forward to the pictures with the snowplow on. :D Chris, I think it has the 6.0 diesel judging from the badge on the door, well it looks to be the diesel badge but hard to tell. JustUsDe, yes that is what the Western Ultra Mount set up looks like. Mike :drinkup:
  14. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

The tailpipe tells the story, the gassers don't have one that big!

Fred, where's that cool raccon hat?

Good luck with the truck, I hear the troubles have been worked out of the most recent 6.0s
  15. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Yep, you are right Pelican, I forgot about the wide tailpipe of a diesel being a dead giveaway. In that picture though, it is so hard to take my eyes off of Freds sexy legs, Im surprised any of you even noticed the truck in the picture. :D :D Mike
  16. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Mike 97 SS:

I am starting to worry about you!!!

17. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with your trucks. Hope things work out better with this one. Thanks for sharing the pics although now i wish i had the truck. Maybe you would wanna trade for my dads chevy?:confused: Im just joking around buddy good luck. Can't wait to see the pics of the plow on!:)
  18. Pickering snow removal

Thanks everyone for the nice replys to answer some questions yes its the new 6.0l and i know all the neg on this engine right know but ill tell ya we had the 97 350 psd out yesterday doing some maint on it and i told my brother lets go take them down the highway first you cant hear the 6.0 running with the 7.3 next to it the engine is 10 times quieter than the 7.3 and fellows iam not one to try and abuse my equipment but when we were on the highway both trucks running side by side i throttled up the 6.0 and it just blew the doors off the 97. best of all mileage is wonderful for a truck this size, know crossing my fingers here that the bugs are worked out of it from ford they have built one heck of a powerful engine but once again the big seller for me is noise i can hear the radio at highway speeds and i can order a burger in a drive threw without having to shut it off.

The plow 8.5 mvp kinda a question here its my first v i didnt have it on long but i did notice some things one is that in the v postion i cant take a very big approach without it scraping know this may be normal but kinda bothers me a little next i love the ultra mount takes seconds to disconnect another question for anyone that has one of these isnt ther suppose to be a rubber plug or caps for the plow side connecters? the uni mounts have them if not i will have to fashion something for them.

When the weather gets better ill get more pics of inside tool box equipment layout its fully self contained the only thing thats missing and is on order is the welder /gen which will replace the 1000kw thats currently in the truck know take care all and hope everyone is enjoying the last week of summer lol farmers almanac says hold on for a snowy winter gotta love it!!

regards fred
  19. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Approaches with V are tricky. Sometimes the scoop position works. Other times you need to just angle it like a straight blade and then the v position also can be used. All depends on what the approach is. Once you work your route a couple times you will remember what setup to use on varying approaches.

Very nice setup. To bad about the 550, would have liked to see it all fitted out. The 350 should give you good service though.
  20. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

Hey Fred,
    I have had some similar luck with trucks haha.
    What kind of mileage are you getting with your truck?
    So far with my lemon 6.0l psd i get between 12-15 unloaded in city and highway. i cant get more than 350 miles before the gas light goes off. Btw on the truck issue, it is 40 biz days from august 5th for my meeting with ford disputement board. They are waiting on ford. I called the ag and they said try this first.
    I thought the truck was fine after replacing the icp and turbo charger but this week the truck has been acting funny. I floor it going uphill with a 2ton trailer and max speed is 25. Unloaded im lucky to hit 30 and more smoke when starting lovely. Keep us updated.