1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ready to work Kenworth T370

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DellDoug, Dec 4, 2009.

1. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

So here are the pics after a couple of days in the shop. Lighting is done. Salt deflector underneath truck installed. Reflective marker tape and signage. Hope you all enjoy!! Had the personal vehicle close by so I took shot.

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Looks good Doug.

You got a pic of how you mounted that under bed deflector?

Do you cover your frame rails too or is it open to below?
  3. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Sorry no pics. We actually build it ourselves using simple parts like mud flaps and flat bar. The middle of the truck is still open. The delector just keeps the salt away from the frame and brakes and stuff as best we can. Thanks for the compliment
  4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

We do the same-just thought maybe the pros do things a little different.:drinkup:
  5. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

LOL Pros??? You got a sense of humour!! :D
  6. pushinpaul

pushinpaul Member

Very nice Setup. I hope it serves you well for years to come.
  7. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Nice setup there Doug. I like the Kenworth trucks they look really good. I love new trucks but hate it when you have to use them as salters, makes the new disappear to soon.
    All the best with the setup hope you get a few years out of it.
  8. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

I know what you mean..we are hoping the stainless steel cab construction will pay off over time....
  9. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Lovin the H2 Hummer!
  10. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Looks Great doug!!!

what did you do for lighting? I think I see two amber in the front bumper?
  11. granitefan713

granitefan713 Senior Member
    from PA

Looks great! All it needs is a plow...and some snow.:D
  12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks really good. Did you put a pan under the chain? We found that doing that really helped with the life of the truck. The only problem is the box has to be taken off every year to be cleaned properly.
  13. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, thats a nice compact lookin truck.
  14. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

how much salt can your legally carry?
  15. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Thanks..its a lot of fun!!
  16. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

We ran all led (except for the backup lights of course) and the ones on the front and the back are flashing amber (legal in Ontario).
  17. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

We do not use a pan. We have found that it causes us more problems then good by holding salt up inside the frame. We pressure wash the frame after each use and each spring we thoughly clean the frame and paint it with Plastic cote black paint. We have found this has worked well for us and keeps the frame in a like new appearance.
  18. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

The salter will hold about 9 metric tonnes but legally we are limited to about 6 metric tonnes for payload due to weight restrictions.
  19. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

normally I dont bash on here but seriously that has got to be the biggest waste of a truck I've seen.....why would you not put a hooklift on it? Its not like this was a craigslist find....purchased brand new for the sole use to salt.....doesnt make any sense to me but oh well....
  20. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion. In our opinion we run new trucks for salting and plowing operations. Our cost of purchase on the Kenworth was only about 3 % more then a comparable GM or Navistar product. So taking into consideration the better cab construction we elected to try a Kenworth for the money. We do not work in the summer so we had no reason to invest in a hook lift.

Our purpose for the truck is to fit into Canadian DOT laws and carry a legal load with a regular liscenced driver. That maximum is 26000lbs total GVW so again a hook lift would only reduce salt payload potiental.

We like new trucks for the reliablity factor. New trucks run great, always start, are appreciated by the employees and are more productive then older trucks. For us the cost is worth it.

Resale is also a consideration...With proper care we hope to one day sell this kenworth for a decent dollar. GM is no longer making medium duty trucks so resale is in the toilet. Navistar is a good unit for resale but for the few dollars more we decided to go with Kenworth..hopefully it will pay off in the future.

So these are our reasons. I am sorry if you are upset by our use of this product. It most certainly was not our intention.