1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ready to JUNK It wont go right or left NEED help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by rrmace, Nov 28, 2010.

1. rrmace

rrmace Junior Member

Before you flame me I have done the research and still cant figure it out.
    I have a e-47 and it wont go either way Right or Left. (lifts up and down fine)
    Here is what Ive done....
    1. Rebuilt pump and all 3 cylinders
    2. Pulled out C solenoid everything looks good
    3. Pulled and cleaned filters
    4. Replaced quick connectors
    5. Replaced wiring harness and switches
    6. All connections and grounds good
    7. Entire system flushed and new fliud
    Ive been chasing this problem for 3 years, I can move cylinders back and forth by hand.
    I am getting power to the solenoid and it is magnetized. Pump runs when you move switch.
    Please help there has to be something Im missing
    Thanks in advance

2. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

It looks like you covered all of the bases . I just finished with a friends myer unit and we found a valve that was replaced last season was bad . Try to find someone with a working unit that will let you swap valves for a few minutes.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Missing or damaged pilot piston, spring or ball. Or a blown or mis-assembled crossover.

4. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

It may be your crossover relief valve. I have the same exact problem and was told on here that it is a very good chance that my crossover relief valve is broken. I am not at all an expert at these things, but that is just what I got when I posted on here

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

A friend of mine described the same problem. He had hooked his hoses up wrong....DOOOHHHH.

6. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

+1 i just got mine fixed from having your exact same problem, it ended up being the crossover relief valve, works perfect now

7. rrmace

rrmace Junior Member

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies, it was the cross over relieve valve.
    Smith Bros were a lot help also ,thanks to them too.
    Works great now, just in time, we are getting a small blizzard
    as I type this.